Everyone’s favorite game of the year has arrived, the old school, cross town rivalry game, Penguin V Ulverstone at Pirtek Dial Park.
Both teams have picked up some handy recruits over the off season and its shaping up to be an absolute beauty!
Get to the game early as we are expecting to reach the attendance capacity of 500 early!
Co-Captain Jack Templeton will be playing his 200th Senior (NWFL, TSL, NEAFL) game, a magnificent achievement from one of the best players our Club has had the pleasure of having run out in the mighty Two Blues guernsey.
Jack started his career at Penguin before moving to the Burnie Dockers in 2011 to give the State League a crack. Burnie ended up being runners up that year before coming out on top with premiership honors in 2012, in an all-star talented team that also featured the likes Jack’s brother Eli, who would go onto being drafted to St. Kilda and Brodie Mihocek who would later star in the VFL before now finding his way to Collingwood and numerous ex AFL players.
Jack then packed up in 2013 and migrated north for one year to try his luck playing for the Broadbeach Cats in the NEAFL, where Jack really blossomed playing in the higher league and gaining valuable knowledge and skills.
A bit home sick and sunburnt, Jack returned to the Two Blues in 2014 to be Assistant Coach under Father Pete Templeton and has been a true Champion of our Club since.
We look forward to many more years, massive contested pack marks and hard ball gets you bring with 150 club games on the horizon!
• 500 Crowd maximum. The maximum crowd spectator attendance is 500, if the spectator limit is reached you will not be permitted entry. Please be respectful of the gate staff’s advice.
• No Spectators are permitted on the playing area at any time, this includes ¼, ½, ¾ time breaks and no spectators are permitted into the changerooms.
• We encourage those that bring their car into the venue, if you do not intend to sit in it, please do not park in the front row, please keep that space available for those that would like to stay in their car.
• NO STANDING in the wet area or in front of the Club Rooms is permitted. If you are in the wet area you must be seated and ensure you observe social distance of minimum 1.5 meters.
• Please do not attend if you are unwell.
Women – 9:15am
Kerrison, Bakes, Mitchell, Williams, Howard, Wijesingha-Frohmader, Duncan, Revell, Taylor, Marshall, Hall, Gibbons, Parker, Aitken, Poke, Eade, Chandler, Bath, Clarke, Kotzur
Under 18’s – 10:50am
Burns, Bugeja, Bonner, Farrelly, Peach, Townsend, F. Dick, Beattie, Kemp, Bowden, Ling, Dawkins, Mathews, Clarke, Strickland, Flint, Cox, Callaghan, McKellar, Hull, Murphy. EMG, Krushka, Shea, Smith, Gallaher, Walker
Reserves – 12:30pm
Speglic, Gregson, O’Neil, Kaine, Pearson, J. Dicker, A. Eaton, Huxtable, B. Dicker, F. Eaton, Weller, De Groot, Watling, Oates, Stones, J. King, Schulze, Talbot, Paul, O’Shea, Kinch-Sidebottom, Stafford, S. Milne